Saturday, January 07, 2017

Happy New Year From PatchPierre

Hi there, it's me again... Happy New Year!

You might have noticed that I havent posted a lot in the last 2 years...
It's been a rough time for me since the sudden loss of two parents within a relatively short time-span and I really needed some time to get myself together... to set things straight, finding myself and selecting priorities... even my regular work suffered from this breakdown.

It took a while to understand it all, and to get a better grip on it, and it's sometimes still not very clear.
I think I have found a way to cope with most of it now... although the slight autism that I have (ADD-like) doesn't make it easy for, especially in crowds with lots of people I don't know...
On my journey I also (re-)discovered the beautiful woman that has always lived inside of me and that i need to accept and cherish... more on that maybe later... I'm not considering changing the name of the blog to PatchPetra.Net 😇 (...yet), but you might spot me somewhere at modular events in the near future looking a bit different. Please feel free to say hello and ask me anything, but try to adress me then as Petra...

But back to that blog;
When I started PatchPierre.Net in 2010 there were only a few blogs completely dedicated to modular synths... I mainly remember Navs Modular lab (http://navsmodularlab.blogspot.nl/) , and Synth.NL, where Michel blogged about his own builds. I was (and still am) a fan and frequent visitor of MatrixSynth.com and MuffWigger.
The Eurorack boom hadn't really taken off back then and i had a lot of dedicated followers and readers.
Although I was mainly focusing on my own (Doepfer) modules at first, I always kept an eye out for new modules and tried to keep up with all the news and post about evrerything... but that seems impossible nowadays. I'll leave that to others, with some exceptions of course.

The beating heart of my studio today 
2017 will be the year that i will return to posting on a more regular basis, by taking at least one day
off from work in every two weeks, so I can totally focus on the blog and making new video's.
I can't promise too much, but I aim to post somewhere between 100-150 blogposts this year.
I will start off with some of my new equipment that I haven't blogged about yet...
My new studio-setup is now almost completed and expanded with an Arturia Beatstep Pro and an Akai MPC Touch sampler.
A perfect setup for the kind of stuff that I like to do...
I discovered I'm not much of a noodler/wiggler but that I feel more related to live techno performers and live jazz musicians... Hence my interest in the somewhat weird time-signatures (oh I just love 4/5th and 7/8th) and long repetitive jamsessions.

I will also be opening some space for ads on the blog, with an average of around 10.000 pageviews per month over the last 3 years (15.000 last december, without even posting much) I think it's worth another try... Contact me for info at Pierre@PatchPierre.Net
The donations-page is also still open, thanks again to the people who have already showed their support in the past.

So... that's one of my New Year's resolutions. You can expect new updates pretty soon I guess.
I hope you will look forward to it as much as I do and perhaps you will show some support by re-tweeting/re-posting what you like most.... Thanks in advance! xxx

Have a great 2017!

Pierre / Petra / PatchPierre / NetPierre

Oh... and this! 



No comments:

Post a Comment