Sunday, May 22, 2011

100th PatchPierre Post

Woooooot! ...again. :-)

My 100th post already (the 50th was on December 7, 2010), and the blog is still going strong.
With fewer posts though, but the viewing rates are still slightly growing every month.
Thank you all again for regularly visiting this site and for your valuable feedback.
I hope my blog can still please the people who just got into analog (modular) synthesizers, and also provide the more advanced users with interesting links and different insights.

In this post i would like to take a quick look into the most popular of my first hundred posts.
Although i cannot exactly tell how many people read each post (many of the visitors land on the main page, where they might read multiple posts at once), i can tell by the individual clicks what the most popular posts were and tell a bit about their traffic sources.

By far the most popular post was my Busboard Access post from November 17, 2010.
I guess struggling for hours through the manuals for a complete overview of all modules that are capable to read or write to the A-100's busboard was worth it.

Also still very popular is my PatchPierre Mobile App for Symbian post from December 8, 2010.
I am still very proud with the almost 5000 installs of the application on Nokia Symbian and selected S40 devices. I do hope Nokia will find a way to port these kind of self-made apps to the Windows Mobile platform and Market too. The more installs, the better... :-)
I did get an email from OVI that my App will soon be updated with some new extra features and an 'enhanced user experience'. A blogpost about that will follow...  (meanwhile the app is still available HERE)

The A-101-2 Vactrol Low Pass Gate and  A-156 Quantizer Follow Modification posts were also quite popular, together with the various other DIY and Modifications posts that i did.
The Book-tips and the CD-tips also seem to be of your interest. I still have a few book-tips on the shelve, and i will try to post some interesting (synthesizer-related) CD-reviews in the near future too.

And... where did all this traffic come from?
Well, Google's search in all its varieties ( .com /.co.uk /.fr / .de / .nl ) was by far the #1 top referring site, but that is hardly a surprise.
Social Media-sites like Twitter (#2) and Facebook (#4) also proved to be very useful to attract readers to the site, and  a lot of viewers came from the Nokia/Symbian mobile application referrals ( #5, but not as much visits as i expected, a lot of people still seem to only read my blog in-app, thus still missing out on a lot of the links ).
More surprisingly was the #3 spot, because Tony Steventon's Synovatron.blogspot.com seems to have been a true link-farm for links to my blog. Thanks for that Tony ;-) Keep up the good work with your interesting projects!
The link to my site on the Doepfer A-127 webpage has also attracted quite a few (new) readers, i'm pretty proud with that one and it looks like the MuffWigglers have (re-)discovered/ finally found this blog too. ( thanks to THIS post ) I have seen a lot of traffic coming from there in the last month... Welcome!

I hope i can serve all of you with at least 100 more posts in the future, but it might take bit longer than the first 100...

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your A-100th post Pierre! On to the next 100... :-)

    Marc JX8P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Marc Thanks again, also for your feedback over the last 14 months. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pierre, good work! love your enthusiasm, always good to read.
    Best wishes
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tony Thank you too... I also hope to finish a few of my DIY projects in the future. I haven't even finished my first breadboard-project yet, it looks like i just don't have the time and patience that it requires. Well, i'll keep you (all) updated via the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha Pierre, you don't have the time because you're such a prolific blogger :), get that soldering iron out and use it!

    ReplyDelete